Sunday, May 21, 2006

Gibson Flying V drawn on by Clowes/Bagge/Armstrong

Gibson Flying V drawn on by Clowes/Bagge/Armstrong: "Mark Frauenfelder: Michael Simmons, editor of The Fretboard Journal showed me these photos of a Gibson Flying V guitar that he asked Dan Clowes, Peter Bagge, and Robert Armstrong to decorate. He gave me permission to run them here. He says: (Click on thumbnails for enlargement) The guitar was originally made in 1974 or 1975 and I've had it since maybe 1983. The finish was in terrible shape, so I stripped it in a fit of youthful exuberance, intending to refinish it in red, and promptly lost interest in the project. In 1993 Dan Clowes and Peter Bagge were at a local comic store and I had the idea of letting them doodle on the guitar. When I got to the store, there was a huge line of fanboys with comics to sign so Peter and Dan were limiting each person to just a signature and maybe a dedication, but absolutely no sketches. When I plunked down the guitar and asked them if they would draw on it, they seemed to be really excited about the idea because they spent about 30 minutes doodlin"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home